Custom Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Snowflake in White

I like to tat snowflakes in white because they look good against a Christmas tree. I also like using DMC Cordonnet Special, which comes in white and ecru only. If you are like me and prefer a more traditional snowflake, here's the piece from my previous post, this time in white:
(The pattern for this snowflake can now be found in my Etsy shop)

I forgot how long it takes to make a design. All the diagramming, testing, and retesting, not to mention my desire to tat multiple final versions to see what different colors or slightly different stitch counts will look like. In the end, it's still a lot of fun and provides great exercise for the brain!

I've decided that I'd like to tat this again in blue, to have something that is easy to scan for the pattern diagram. I have been using white snowflakes for the images in my free patterns, but that requires scanning against a colored background which in turn wastes printer ink for those who want to print out the pattern. I think making a blue snowflake will help with that as I can scan it on the standard white background.

I also noticed a very slight cupping, and I can't help but adjust the stitch count a tiny bit more, even though it won't make too much of a difference in the end. It's in my nature to be very particular about these kinds of things :)

2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

This is very beautiful and I agree with you, love the traditional white!

Barbara Gordon said...

Very pretty. I like mine in white also. Thanks for sharing..