Custom Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Magic Square Path

Yesterday, I was asked if I could create a diagram to go along with the large magic square I am tatting. I don't think I could, without lagging Inkscape so badly that it would be virtually unusable. What I can do, however, is provide a photograph with some numbers and arrows that show the path I am taking as I tat the square:


I've labeled the onion rings only, and have drawn arrows between them to show how I got from one onion ring to the next. Here is the unedited photo for comparison:


It will be another few weeks before I am at the point where I have one repeat finished (four repeats will make a square). I'll make a post with a new picture when I get that far.

10 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's very helpful!

God's Kid said...

Thank you for showing that!! I think it makes a little more sense to me now. I won't be able to even try for quite some time, but would love to!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Good solution, thanks.

Margarets designer cards said...

Your magic square is on my list to do, I love the two colour version,
Sorry I am late commenting not been well over the last few days

Robin Perfetti said...

I hope you are feeling better, Margaret. There's no pressure to leave comments, though I do appreciate them :)

Jenn said...

I love the colour combination! Thanks for showing the path with us. I must finish the regular Magic square so I could have a go with yours :).

Bernice said...

My Onion Rings need some practice, thank you for the path.

Michelle Bedford said...

The two colours look amazing. I'm currently enjoying tatting the "Patchwork " magic square you posted.

anna said...

i have worked your very beautiful magic square. Thank you for the pattern. I would like to share the picture here. Is it possible?

Robin Perfetti said...

Hi Anna, you would have to email me the photos and then I could post it to my blog for you. If you send me a message through my blogger contact form (on the right sidebar of my blog) it will send me your email address so I could contact you. Glad you like the pattern!